Working at Central Michigan University means joining a family of faculty, staff and students who embrace lifelong learning, success for all students, and education, research, creative endeavors and volunteerism that contribute to the greater good of society.
CMU employs about 2,600 full-time faculty and staff, about 725 temporary employees and about 5,700 students every year.
CMU is an AA/EO institution, providing equal opportunity to all persons, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities.Find your new career at CMU
Benefit eligible employees are regular and provisional staff employees who work 20 or more hours per week; regular faculty, and on campus Fixed-Term faculty who have a semester contract of 20 or more hours per week.
As a CMU benefit-eligible employee, you will receive a solid benefit package that offers a variety of choices. These benefits — combined with your pay — provide a compensation package that can be customized based on individual choice and personal preference.
See CMU’s benefits at a glance
At CMU, our strong sense of community drives a collaborative culture of excellence and leadership that makes CMU a top-choice place to learn and work. Central is a place where we value students and work for their success; where we act as family; and where employees are engaged, appreciated and have extraordinary opportunities to make a difference.
Faculty and staff at CMU live and work by six leaderships standards geared towards improving the student experience and delivering on the mission of CMU.
Learn more about our Leadership Standards
"Central Michigan University, an inclusive community of scholars, is a national leader in higher education inspiring excellence and innovation."
-Adopted by the Board of Trustees, December 6, 2012
At Central Michigan University, we are a community committed to the pursuit of knowledge, wisdom, discovery, and creativity. We provide student-centered education and foster personal and intellectual growth to prepare students for productive careers, meaningful lives, and responsible citizenship in a global society.
-Adopted by the Board of Trustees, December 2, 2010
CMU employees uphold a series of core values, adopted by the Board of Trustees in December 2010.
- Integrity: A steadfast adherence to the principles of honesty, trustworthiness, reliability, transparency, and accountability.
- Respect: Consideration of the rights, opinions, and ideas of others in a civil, fair, and thoughtful manner.
- Compassion: Empathy, concern and support for the needs and challenges of others.
- Inclusiveness: Conducting the activities of the university in a way that embraces shared governance, inspires tolerance, and welcomes diversity into our community.
- Social Responsibility: Fostering citizenship to promote the public good, environmental sustainability, global understanding, and informed political engagement.
- Excellence: Expectation that all activities are conducted with attention to quality and the highest levels of academic and professional standards.
- Innovation: Supporting progressive and meaningful research, creative activity, and teaching, Addressing challenges and issues from multiple perspectives to solve problems and advance knowledge.
The Mount Pleasant Community
Nestled in the heart of Michigan, Central is located in scenic Mount Pleasant, MI. Downtown is host to restaurants, big-box stores, boutique shops, entertainment, night life, public parks and much more. No matter who you are or what you like to do, Mount Pleasant has something for everyone.
Explore your new home away from home