The CMU College of Medicine will prepare physicians focused on improving access to high quality health care in Michigan with an emphasis on rural and medically-underserved regions. Our graduates will aspire to excellence in providing patient-centered and evidenced-based care to their patients and their communities. We will engage physicians in leading health care transformation, lifelong learning, and team-based education.
We will facilitate the transformation of health care in Central and Northern Michigan through:
- Delivering innovative programs in medical education.
- Preparing our students to incorporate CMED values into their daily lives.
- Promoting inter-professionalism and team-based approaches in progressive health care.
- Creating team-based educational opportunities and programs.
- Creating an environment supportive of lifelong learning for our graduates, faculty, staff, and partners.
- Supporting and serving community educational needs across the continuum of medical education.
In all that we do, we strive for integrity, respect, empathy, inclusiveness, social responsibility, excellence, and innovation.