You must meet the following general eligibility requirements to be eligible for the financial aid offered to you by CMU. In addition to the general eligibility requirements, scholarships, grants, loans and work-study programs have program specific requirements.
- Your award(s) is contingent on the availability of funds from federal, state, and institutional sources.
- Your award(s) is contingent on the accuracy of information you provided on the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You may be asked to supply additional documentation to support your application; you must comply with this request.
- Your award(s) may be adjusted if we receive information that affects your eligibility (e.g., receiving aid in addition to that listed on your award notice may result in an adjustment to your award package.)
- Your award(s) is based on full-time enrollment in CMU on-campus courses. If you enroll less than full-time, your aid may be reduced or canceled. Your enrollment status for financial aid purposes is determined as of the 9 th day of classes each semester (file close). On-campus students who also enroll in off-campus courses offered through CMU’s Global Campus, have different enrollment status dates. It is your responsibility to know these file close dates. Global campus students are not eligible for campus based or CMU scholarship programs.
- Your award is based on regular admission to and enrollment in an eligible degree or certificate-granting program of study for the necessary number of hours; guest students are not eligible for aid from CMU. Conditional and non-degree admits are not eligible for aid from CMU unless they are enrolled in the CMU teacher certification program or are completing prerequisites for admission to a CMU graduate program.
- You must make satisfactory academic progress toward degree completion to remain eligible for financial aid.
- You must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen, sign all certification statements, and not be in default on a federal loan or owe a refund or repayment on any federal or state program.