2022-2023 Housing Signup
Central Michigan University's campus residency policy requires that first and second-year students live on campus. Those who reach the four-semester requirement at midyear are required to complete the entire term of the contract for the academic year (fall and spring semester).
More information about CMU's residency requirement can be found
Housing sign-up for the residence halls and University Apartments for the 2022-2023 academic year will begin on Tuesday, January 18, 2022. You will receive an email on Tuesday, January 11, 2022, with detailed information about housing sign-up. The sooner you sign up, the more likely you are to receive housing of your choice. Priority placement over incoming freshmen and transfers ends May 1, 2022.
New for 2022-2023:
- Returning students who live in the premium halls (Celani, Fabiano, Campbell and Kesseler) will be able to purchase a new meal plan designed specifically for returning students living in the premium halls.
- Single rooms will be available in Robinson Hall, third floor. These rooms will offer suite style living for one student with a full-size bed, sofa and coffee table. Singles in Robinson Hall will have an additional room rate.
- Northwest Apartments will be reserved for students with at least two full academic years living in the residence halls – junior, senior and transfer status.
Proposed housing sign-up schedule:
- Tuesday, January 18 at 9 a.m. – Friday, January 21 at midnight: Returning to the same unit
- Tuesday, January 25 at 9 a.m. – Friday, January 28 at midnight: Priority shopping for students living on campus since fall 2020 (returning – year 3+) for any space in the Northwest Apartments or residence halls
- Tuesday, February 1 at 9 a.m. – Friday, February 4 at midnight: Returning to the same community, different unit
- Tuesday, February 1 at 9 a.m. – May 1 at midnight: Returning to the same community, different unit in the Graduate Housing Apartments
- Tuesday, February 8 at 9 a.m. until midnight: Open shopping for singles in Robinson Hall, third floor
- Wednesday, February 9 at 9 a.m. until midnight: Open shopping for space in Fabiano
- Thursday, February 10 at 9 a.m. until midnight: Open shopping for space in Carey Hall (2 floors will be set aside for incoming first-year students
- Tuesday, February 15 at 9 a.m. – May 1 at midnight: Open shopping for all remaining spaces
- Tuesday, March 15: Wishlist opens at 9 a.m. Students may sign up on the Wishlist if they do not receive their housing of choice. Residence Life can often accommodate students on the Wishlist before August move-in.
Please contact the Office of Residence Life at (989) 774-3111 or email
firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.