Sale of Food Items

Due to health and liability issues, and the time constraints to administer an appropriate approval and inspection program, the University will only grant authorization to sell food items on campus to it's contracted Dining Services vendor and those vendors the University has contracted with for particular events/situations to provide food. There are two exceptions: 

  1. Registered Student Organizations may sell-- under the conditions and in the locations that other Registered Student Organization fund-raising is allowed; candy and other food items that do not require temperature control. However, these sales are not allowed in the buildings where the University has entered into a contract for the provisions of food (e.g. University Center, SAC, etc.).

    Approval to sell food shall be granted through the regular process for fund-raising projects for Registered Student Organizations.

  2. Delivery of food by commercially licensed vendors is allowed in response to an order placed by an on-campus person.