Environmental Health & Safety
The mission of Environmental Health & Safety is to promote safety and protection of human and physical assets of Central Michigan University.
COMMITMENT TO SERVICE
Environmental Health & Safety strives to ensure the campus of Central Michigan University is a safe place to work, learn, and visit. The success of the department in fulfilling its responsibilities requires close coordination with, and cooperation from the University community.
Environmental Health & Safety implements and provides leadership in planning and organizing programs to ensure a safe campus environment, including:
- Identifying and analyzing health, environmental, and safety exposures.
- Monitoring workplace compliance with environmental, health, and safety related state and federal regulations.
- Developing and managing campus emergency preparedness, fire, and severe weather safety.
- Training in occupational health, safety, and environmental areas, as required by state and federal regulations.
- Investigating accidental injuries and property damage losses.
ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH & SAFETY STAFF
Interim Manager, Environmental Health & Safety/Emergency Management
Phone: (989) 774-2770
Administrative Secretary, Environmental Health & Safety
Phone: (989) 774-7398
CMU is a
StormReady helps develop communications and safety skills needed to save lives and property.
For more information on StormReady University, please visit the StormReady University page on the CMU Police webpage.
This website is for your reference and guidance - If you require more information please contact the Risk Management, Environmental Health & Safety Department directly at (989) 774-7398 or